I like to make stuff. I mainly like to make stuff as an escape from everyday. IT work has lost it’s creativity a long time ago and I’m always looking for fun projects to make.
I also like to make things to experiment and look for new business opportunities. I did find a project last year that wasn’t making something but it was supplying a product I was using myself and selling it on Amazon. This was a fun learning experience of selling a product instead of a service.
Here is a fun project that was part fun, part selling something with a point of marketing that product. The coin is not for sale but I do have some available for free. I didn’t take any progress pictures but here is the final result.
To make the hand I went through this basic process.
- Went to Hobby Lobby and bought alginate kit and plaster kit
- Bought some buckets at Home Depot
- Made a mold of my hand
- Filled the mold with plaster
- Took some plywood scraps and made a geometric shape
- Carved a spot for the hand to sit
- Epoxied the hand into the base
- Carved a little spot into the index finger for the coin
Some of the links in all posts may be affiliate links, which means I may get a commission if you end up purchasing their product or service. You will never pay more by using my link compared to what you would pay if you went directly to their website; in fact you may receive an exclusive discount. And it helps me keep the site running!